Our contact details
Name: Mark Atkinson (Scouts RAM creator)
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- The creation of your Scouts RAM account
- To send you system notifications relating to your account by email
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From a group administrator creating a Scouts RAM account on your behalf
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Create your Scouts RAM account
- Send you system notifications relating to your account
We will never share your information with any external organisations or individuals.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored by our hosting provider at their data centre in Gloucester(UK). Data is backed up by our hosting provider on a daily basis and backups are held for a period of 7 days.
We keep your name and email for the duration your Scouts RAM account is active. Your information is deleted from the main database as soon as your account is deleted. And is deleted entirely once the last backup containing your data expires 7 days after account deletion.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113